The Management Committee of the S.K.P.D & Charities founded Sri Kanyaka Parameswari Arts and Science College for Women to promote Women’s Education in 1999.
The institution believes in motivating the student community by inculcating value system in them, through 3P’s i.e Perseverance, Performance and Progress.
The Institution has completed 20 successful years of experience in the field of education. In 20 years of SKPC, 6115 number of students has passed out successfully and 396 students have secured University Top Ten Ranks.
The institution offers 14 UG, 4 PG, one M.Phil. and one part time Ph.D. programme.
The Institution is affiliated to the University of Madras. The curriculum is formulated and framed by the University of Madras (CBCS Pattern-Choice Based Credit System) to enhance and enrich students’ knowledge in different disciplines.
The institution is accredited by NAAC and is also ISO Certified.
The institution has been recognized under section 2(f) of the UGC Act. 1956 under the head ‘Non-Government Colleges Teaching upto Master’s Degree’.
Linguistic (Telugu) Minority Status
The institution has been conferred as Linguistic Telugu Minority Institution by Government of TamilNadu.
Few features of the Institution
- Follows a systematic admission procedure based on the University norms and government quota system and ‘NO DONATION POLICY’.
- Spot Admission for meritorious students.
- Digitalized and E- Library.
- ICT facilities with applications like WI-FI, Smart class room, Computer labs, Interior Design labs, Psychology lab, Commerce lab, Conference room, CCTV, Placement cell and Examination cell.
- Well-furnished 47 class rooms and 11 classrooms with special amenities like projectors and audio facilities.
- RO Water.
- Waste water management.
- Solar energy.
- Hygienic rest rooms and sanitary vending machine.
- Redressal cells like Grievance Cell, Anti – Ragging Committee and Counseling Cell.
- Financial assistance by means of scholarship.
- Awards and Rewards to recognize students and staff.
To Transform Inert Knowledge into Knowledge-in-Use
- Bridge courses for all Students.
- Learning techniques like role play, group discussions, regular assignments, seminars, work shop and peer learning.
- Online Lecture Notes (OLN) to help students to reach out the lecture notes anytime, anywhere via the website.
- Special Training programme by the Placement consortium like Skill development programmes, Guest lectures, Panel discussion and HR from various companies are invited.
- Central Government Certified Courses through Empowerment Programme such as Beauty Therapy, Fashion Designing etc.
- MHRD Government certificate courses offered by departments.
- Experiential learning like internship, industrial, bank and field visit.
Activities to Complement Academic Teaching
- Co-curricular activities like Adzap, Corpo – walk, oratorical, debate, quiz, painting, techno sketch, poster making etc.
- Extra-curricular activities such as singing, dance, drama, designing, junk art etc.
- Sports coaching like kabbadi, volleyball etc.
- Insight of service through involvement in various clubs like, NSS, YRC, Rotaract, Eco, Karuna and Citizen Consumer Club.
Activities Related to Social Causes and Issues
- FEED THE NEED project wherein food packets are distributed to needy.
- Training on paper bag and paper dustbin making. The paper bags are distributed free of cost to create awareness and also sold at low cost.
- Adoption of SRS Sarvodaya School wherein our students extended their knowledge &services in the form of taking Tuitions, skill training programme, awareness programme, counseling.
- Conducting Blood Donation camp, Health camp, Eye camp with free distribution of spectacles, dental camp and veterinary camp.
- Cultural programme, psychological activities, paper bags and artificial jewellery making, games and other competitions for girls of Govt. Observation Home for Boys and Girls at Kellys.
- Commitment towards protecting environment by giving saplings and seedballs to all the students , guests and general public and also planting plants to achieve green
To Interact and Participate with other Institution, Organization and Association
- The Institution has signed 19 MOUs namely CADD Labs, International Journal of Creative research and Thoughts, CSIM etc.
- Membership with 8 bodies namely University of Madras Library, British Council Library, Madras Management Association, Home Science Association of India, Madras Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MCCI), Information & Communication Technology Academy of Tamil Nadu, and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET), Computer Society of India (CSI).