About IIC SKPC
Ministry of education has established ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell’ with the mandate to work closely with our Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to encourage the creative energy of our student population, to work on new ideas and innovation and promote them to create start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures.
‘MoE’s Innovation Cell’ (MIC) has envisioned encouraging the creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. MIC will focus on creating complete ecosystem which will foster the culture of innovation across all educational institutions from ideas generation to pre-incubation, incubation and graduating from the incubator as successful start-ups.
SKPC believes in motivating the student community by inculcating value system in them, through 3P’s i.e Perseverance, Performance and Progress. SKPC is accredited by NAAC and is also ISO Certified. It has Institution’s Innovation Council to promote innovation in the institution through an innovation eco-system in the campus.
Major Focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Meet/Interact renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Provide opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
Functions of IIC
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion ecosystem in the campus.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
Benefits of IIC
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc., with the involvement of industry.