About IIC SKPC
In the year 2020, IIC of SKPC was established to create a vibrant innovation ecosystem inside the campus. The core objective is to create a mentor pool for students who may have the potential to become innovators or budding entrepreneurs. The whole concept is to encourage the SKPCians, to work on novel ideas, innovation and promote them to create start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures. It regularly organises various innovation and entrepreneurship related activities like, workshops / seminars / training / competitions with industry support. The generated ideas are pre-incubated and incubated to transform them into successful start-ups.
Major Focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Meet/Interact renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Provide opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
Functions of IIC
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion ecosystem in the campus.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
Benefits of IIC
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc., with the involvement of industry.